OCR-D - Phase III
In February 2020, the DFG published a call for proposals to continue the OCR-D project in a third project phase. The goal of this phase is the implementation of the OCR-D software in institutions that maintain and process collections. Four implementation and three module projects were approved by the DFG.
- Workflow for work-specific training based on generic models with OCR-D as well as ground truth enhancement (UB Mannheim).
- Font Group Recognition for Improved OCR (JGU Mainz, FAU Erlangen)
- OLA-HD Service - A Generic Service for Long-Term Archiving of Historical Prints (SUB Göttingen, GWDG)
- Integration of Kitodo and OCR-D for productive mass digitisation (UB Braunschweig, SLUB Dresden, UB Mannheim).
- OPERANDI: OCR-D Performance Optimisation and Integration (SUB Göttingen, GWDG)
- OCR-D Software in Modular Mass Digitisation Workflows (ULB Halle)
- OCR4all libraries full text recognition of historical collections (GEI Braunschweig, HCI and ZPD of the University of Würzburg)